Clone Tools gives a great overview of duplicate files and folders
Clone Tools helps you find identical files on your computer and displays the files in a way that makes it easy to identify which files to delete and which to save. To make this as easy as possible Clone Tools not only works with files but also with folders. If a folder contains duplicate files it will be compared to other folders that also contains duplicate. If two folders shares duplicate files, they will be listed so you can easily compare their contents in the Twin Browser. This simplifies the task of deciding which of the duplicates to keep and which to delete. Clone Tools also provides a powerful filter option that helps you find the folder that contains files that are relevant and ignore the rest. There are also effective tools that helps you purge duplicate content from folders or merge folders, as well as all the usual file handling abilities (copy, delete ,cut and paste).
- Compares folders as well as files, this gives you the advantage of not only seeing which files are duplicates but also the folders that have identical or similar contents.
- Unique Twin Browser that makes it easy to compare the contents of two folders side by side.
- Powerful filter that helps you focus on the files that you are interested in and ignore irrelevant results.
- Three step clone scan that lets you start working with the result while the large files that are most likely to be clones are scanned in the background.
- No false clones. The byte-by-byte scan on all suspected duplicates assures you that the files really are identical.
- Detailed lists. All lists displays comprehensive information about folders and files. You can easily see how many duplicate files there are in a folder, the total number of files, the percentage of duplicates and the total size of folders.
- Powerful automatic file operations.
- Compares all file types.
- There is no size limit on files that can be compared.
- Scans all types of disks, local, portable and network.
- Preview of image files.
- All files can be opened with the associated program.
- Safe to use, Clone Tools will never let you delete the last copy of any file.
- Deleted files will be placed in the recycle bin so you can recreate them if you accidentaly delet the wrong file.
- The results can be sorted by: Path, size, number of duplicate files and file type.
- Find zero-size files
- Find empty folders.